Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Get down with the sickness

So, my husband gets back from this wonderful trip overseas and brings back all sorts of cool stuff, and also a nasty cold that he gives to me and the baby. Luckily, because of the wonderful powers of momma's milk, she has only a slight case, just sneezing here and there. I am testing out this homeopathic medicine I got called Children's Cold and Flu Relief by NatraBio, and so far so good! I tried a little myself, but I don't know how it affects my milk supply so I haven't taken anymore of it. But with lots of herbal tea and ginger, and lots of hot baths with essential oils of eucalyptus, lavender, and tea tree, and a little bit of epson salt has helped a lot. Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap is wonderful on a hot washcloth as you breathe in the fumes to clear up congestion.

And today, I tried my hand at making organic lasagna. Turned out pretty good. I used some whole grain lasagna noodles and tried the Bertoli Organic pasta sauce (pretty good), and it turned out well. Next time I will use fresh herbs from my herb garden to give it more flavor! All this while I couldn't even smell the fumes of this lovely dish because of terrible congestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment